The Potlatch School District #285 has the following position available: Elementary Counselor
Hold a valid Idaho Education Certificate with K-12 Pupil Service - Counselor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Standard contract at placement on the adopted salary schedule for the 2023-2024 academic
Letter of application, resume’, three (3) letters of recommendation, college transcripts and
completed district application form must be submitted. Please use the district Certificated
Position Application found on our Website at www.psd285.org.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled.
Candidates interested in this position should send materials to or contact:
Potlatch School District No. 285
130 6th Street
Potlatch, ID 83855-8757
(208) 875-0327 or,
The Potlatch School District #285 has the following position available: Custodian - Potlatch Jr/Sr High school
- High school diploma or General Education Degree
- Minimum experience in plant operation and maintenance, cleaning methods and procedures, repairs, security, heating and ventilation, care of carpet, cleaning, housekeeping, and proper handling of hazardous materials
- Ability to perform long periods of standing; walking; climbing; stooping; kneeling; bending and twisting at the neck and trunk; moving of furniture; pushing/pulling items such as tables, bleachers, and scrubbing machines; frequent lifting of objects weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally move objects weighing up to ninety pounds; and climbing ladders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, to reach above the head and reach forward, to grasp tools
- Ability and willingness to do general cleaning and minor repairs
- Works well under pressure and deadlines
- Works well with students and staff; excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- 7.5 hours M-F
Please use the District Application for Classified Staff found on our website at www.psd285.org
Re: Paid Summer Internship - Technology Department
Potlatch Technology Department is hiring three (3) summer 2023 student interns. Preference will be given to students who have completed technology classes, or students who have shown interest in participating in the technology program in the future. To qualify students must have completed their 9th grade year. Please contact Hiedi Carpenter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to apply.
Position Title: Technology Intern
Reports To: Technology Coordinator
Position Statement: A Technology Intern is a student employee that assists the District Technology Team to provide quality technology support under the direct supervision of the Lead Computer Technician and Technology Coordinator. Student Interns are exposed to technologies and tasks that prepare their technology skills and work habits for future IT careers.
● Assist the Technology Team to deliver technology support.
● Assist with the deployment of equipment.
● Assist with software installs.
● Assist in collecting information for the equipment inventory.
● Assist with various tasks related to network engineering.
Goals of the Internship:
● Learn some of the many facets of Information Services and Technology
● Hands on learning experience in the technology arena
● Learn basic employability skills.
● Develop leadership skills and become role models for other students
Calendar: Summer Break 2023
Start date: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
End date: August 25, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20 Hrs
Example schedule: 4 days per week 9am to 3pm with 1 hour lunch break.
Schedule is flexible and allows for summer vacations, camps, etc.
The Potlatch School District #285 has the following position available: Full-Time IT Technician (year-round)
- High school diploma, preference may be given to applicants with relevant college education
- Formal training or relevant experience in providing computing support in an educational environment
- Valid driver’s license and access to a suitable vehicle for transportation to all School district sites
- General knowledge of operating systems, software, and hardware used by the district preferred
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol in networking environments, related experience preferred
- Able to understand and utilize binary
- Able to read and comprehend technical instructions and information
- Able to write simple correspondence as well as technical correspondence
- Able to perform maintenance and repairs, and to trouble shoot hardware and software
- Able to facilitate the effective utilization of technology equipment, applications, on-line services, and technology resources
- Able to deal effectively with people who have varying degrees of knowledge about computers
- Able to effectively communicate verbally in one-on-one, small groups, and large group situations
- Able to lift and carry up to forty-five pounds
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under deadlines 16. Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
IT Technician hourly wage range $20.00-$22.50/hr depending on experience and IT certifications. The technician position begins June 1, 2023
Letter of application, resume’, three (3) letters of recommendation, college transcripts and completed district application form must be submitted. Please use the district Classified Position Application found on our website at https://www.psd285.org.
Potlatch School District #285 is in need of substitutes for the following positions: Bus Drivers, Cooks, Custodians, Paraprofessionals, and Teachers.
To apply as a substitute, complete the Substitute Application AND stop by the District Office at 635 Pine Street for a fingerprint packet.
Applicants must complete and pass a State Department of Education Background Check to be eligible.
- Valid Class B CDL
- S Endorsement
- Passenger Endorsement
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Have the ability to keep accurate records
- Have the ability to maintain students discipline and follow school policy
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Morning and Afternoon Regular Route
Please use the District Application for Position as Bus Driver found on our website.