Dear Parents and Guardians,
First off, I need to apologize to all our “A” students and families. From my Message last week I stated that food service delivery would start up today for our “A” students that were at home being quarantined, isolated, and on virtual studies at home. That was not the case and food delivery did not get out today. I truly am sorry for the mix-up in communications and the inconvenience this caused. Food service delivery will be available tomorrow, Tuesday, November 10th.
The North Central Health District made a press release this morning, sharing the increased number of test positives for COVID-19 in our region since the start of November, as well as the burden these numbers have placed on our medical facilities and practitioners. In an attempt to make people aware of the ever-increasing dilemma we are starting to face, the Health District is reaching out to individuals who have tested positive or are waiting for their test results to come back, to use good judgement and follow these precautions:
Anyone awaiting a test result should:
- Stay home and monitor your health – stay away from others in your household whenever possible. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Think about the people you have recently been around and in what environments.
- Answer the phone call from the Health Department if they are able to reach out to you.
If you test positive, you should:
- Stay home for at least 10 days from the start of your symptoms or 10 days from your test date if you do not have symptoms, except to get medical care. DO NOT visit public places.
- Take care of yourself – get rest, stay hydrated.
- Stay in touch with your healthcare provider. Do not hesitate to seek care in an emergency but call ahead or notify EMS of your diagnosis.
- Contact those with whom you have had close contact to let them know that they have been exposed to COVID-19.
You can see and read the Health District’s Press Release in it’s entirety by clicking here or the link above.
Lastly, a scheduling change to make you aware of. Thanksgiving Break begins Wednesday, November 25th. Please Note: Prior to the break, “A” students will attend school on Monday, November 23rd and “B” students will attend school on Tuesday, November 24th.
Jeffrey A. Cirka, Superintendent