Elementary Counselor: Cara Wallen
Helping Students Succeed
Elementary Counseling attempts to help all children get the most out of school. Your support and cooperation can help make your child's school years a rewarding experience.
It is our hope that parents and students feel free to use these services. I look forward to working with you!
Elementary Counseling Program
Students, I am here to help you with:
- Setting goals
- Working well with others
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Learning how to make decisions
- Managing your feelings (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
Parents, I am available to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communications
- Understanding the developmental changes of childhood
- Supply reference materials
- Information to help understand your child's special needs
- Classroom Presentations
- Group Counseling
- Brief Solution- Focused Counseling
- Parent Consultations
- Community Resource Referrals
Please Note: School counselors do not provide "therapy" or "traditional counseling"
Please keep in mind that I would be happy to provide a list of outside counseling services that are available for children experiencing grief, divorce, family separation, deployment or mental health concerns.
Click here for printable version