ELECTION DAY INFORMATION
When: Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Where: Polling sites for voting are at Mountain Home Grange, and Palouse River Community Center. New polling site (replacing Scenic 6 and Rebekah Hall) will be at the Potlatch Jr.-Sr. High Gym—entrance and exit in the back of the Gym. Harvard residents may vote at the Palouse River Community Center (replacing Harvard Hall).
Voting Times: From 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Click Here for a copy of the PowerPoint Presentation slides from the "Town Hall" Levy Information Meeting.
SUPPLEMENTAL LEVY 2021 INFORMATION
- Last year’s levy amount—$1,750,000.
- This year’s levy amount—$1,650,000.
- This year’s Supplemental Levy amount had been reduced by $100,000 in order to provide tax relief and savings to our stakeholders. In a year where the pandemic has taxed us all, we hope that this will provide our taxpayers with a small financial benefit.
- As always, there continues to be maintenance projects that need to be addressed. We can’t get to all of them, nor can we afford the cost of doing all of them in a single year. However, the supplemental levy will allow us the opportunity to address and pay for a few of the prioritized projects.
- Reminder—this Supplemental Levy funds the District’s daily operations. Included in this is:
- Staff salaries & benefits.
- Supplies and materials.
- Food Service programs.
- Transportation programs.
- Building projects.
- And much, much more.
What’s New for District Projects This Year?
Along with the usual costs associated with what our levy provides—funding for utility costs, classroom supplies & materials, and staff salaries and benefits—this year’s supplemental monies will assist towards the following projects:
- Junior-Senior High Gym Heating System $120,000
- Paving of Elementary Parking & Entrance Area $40,000
"TOWN HALL" LEVY INFORMATION MEETING
Each year, the District provides an opportunity for community input and interaction with the Board of Trustees and Administration, to talk about the projected levy and the needs of the District. There is one session scheduled this year. It is scheduled for:
- Tuesday, March 2nd @ Potlatch Junior-Senior High Multi-Purpose Room—7:00 p.m.
For those who would like to attend but cannot, we will be providing a Zoom Meeting option as well. The Zoom link is:
If you would like to vote in person, please go to:
Latah County Courthouse Auditor’s/Recorder’s Office, Rm. 101 522 South Adams Moscow, ID 83843
Deadline for Mail-In Absentee Voting: -Friday, February 26, 2021.
Deadline for In-Person Absentee Voting: -Friday, March 5, 2021.
Voting Requirements: 1. You must be a U.S. citizen. 2. You must be 18 years old or older. 3. You must be a resident of Latah Co. and a resident of the Potlatch S.D. 4. You must be registered to vote—which you can do at the polling sites. Bring a picture I.D. in order to vote.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Zone 1: Keri LeForce firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 2: Emily Hunt email@example.com
Zone 3: Mike Gilmore firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 4: Ryan Beckner email@example.com
Zone 5: Ty Winther firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact any of our Trustees if you need further information or questions answered.