Dear Parents and Guardians,
With the state’s rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine, our region has started offering the vaccine to Level II workers, which includes school personnel. So, this coming Monday, January 25th, our staff will receive their first dose of the vaccine. We currently have about 60% of our staff who are opting to receive the vaccination shot. We are hoping to get our second vaccination dose on or before Friday, February 12th.
Also, yesterday Governor Little revised his Stage 2 Plan and Orders on Athletic Gatherings and Spectators. The updated plans include the following orders:
- Jr-Sr. High Schools may allow up to 40% of their Gym capacity for fans/spectators or up to four (4) spectators per student participant, whichever is larger, if physical distancing requirements can be maintained or if masks are worn.
- Schools may have more restrictive requirements, if they so choose, for spectators at their athletic events.
There are several more pieces to Governor Little’s plan and if you would like to see the document in its entirety, I have added the document below for you to review.
Idaho Rebounds- Stage 2 Athletic Plan for Governor's Orders on Gatherings and Spectators
However, for tomorrow afternoon’s HOME Girls Basketball game scheduled with Kamiah (Varsity Only) @ 1:00, the following Fan/Spectator Protocols will be in place. They are:
- Six (6) spectators per athlete that is dressed down and participating in the game.
- All six spectators for the same athlete must sit together on designated sticker zones on bleachers in the Gym. Please try to enter together at the same time and remain socially distanced, as much as possible, from other groups.
- Masks are required to be worn upon entering and exiting the Gym, as well as at all times in the Gym when not sitting in designated sticker area.
- TICKETS previously handed out will not be used. Please remain masked, socially distanced, and patient with our Gate Personnel as they attend to one student athlete group at a time.
- Cheerleaders will not be performing at this game and therefore, cheerleader spectators will not be accommodated on Saturday, the 23rd.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING AS WE
IMPLEMENT THESE NEW PROTOCOLS.
Jeffrey A. Cirka, Superintendent